Newport Waspies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newport Waspies

Speedway

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In My View ...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tanya
Grand Prix Star
tanya

Female
Number of posts : 5628
Team : Newport Wasps
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Waspies
Roll Dice: 1

In My View ... Empty
PostSubject: In My View ...   In My View ... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 8:51 pm

In my View ...
By David Rowe
Speedway Star's Newport correspondent

I was beginning to get a little concerned in the middle of February that some Premier League teams were going to struggle to complete their line-ups, especially when some most unfortunate winter injuries occurred.

In such a competitive league, avoiding injuries has to be a crucial element of the season as I'm really not sure there are quality replacements out there if anyone needs to make a long term change.

But I would always advocate this division having as much variety as possible, and t hat has been enhanced this year with the additions of Reading and Scunthorpe, both of whom have the potential to be genuine contenders.

Winning the title will be all about the ability to take away wins, because it's perfectly feasible that the top six will all boast unblemished records at home.

In that respect King's Lynn have been the masters in recent years, and I think they have the line-up best suited to winning on the road.

I expect Newport to go further than last season and make it into the Young Shield, a sport they were good enough to take last year had it not been for a freak home defeat by Edinburgh.

The Wasps' lower order looks sound, and a vital factor in where they finish will be how well they can provide race winning support for top man Watson

Prediction
1. Kings Lynn
2. Sheffield
3. Rye House
4. Birmingham
5. Reading
6. Workington
7. Scunthorpe
8. Redcar
9. Edinburgh
10. Newcastle
11. Newport